Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is a non-denominational minister?

A: A non-denominational minister is not tied to a specific church or belief system. We are able to conduct the kind of
ceremony you want, in the manner you want.

Q: Do we need to get our marriage license in Santa Barbara if we come from another City in

A: No. Your license can be obtained from any county in California.

Q: What do we need to bring with us to the ceremony?

A: You must have your marriage license. Bring the official paper that you received at
the Registrar's Office. Check to see that the date has not expired. Some people
think the decorative certificate that is included in your packet is the license.
It isn't official. It is only a souvenir.

Q: How many people need to be there?

A: You must have at least one witness (unless you have applied for a
confidential license). If you get married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse,
often a docent is available to act as witness.

Q: Do we need to have rings?

A: Wedding Rings are optional.

Q: Do we need a blood test?

A: No.

Q: Do we need to meet with you before the wedding?

A: We are amenable to meet with you ahead of time to answer your questions and help you create your
service. For simple or last minute ceremonies we usually can agree on the details by phone, fax or email.